A business blog is a great way to boost your company’s social outreach. Take a look through these reasons why you should start blogging.
The blogging revolution has boomed over the last several years; from stay-at-home moms to business executives, everyone seems to have a blog. Although people start blogs for many different reasons, all bloggers are looking to engage with an audience.
For businesses, a blog can lead to a boost in sales. Brands can leverage their blog to create a rapport with their readership, turning them into long-term clients. So before you write off the blogosphere as a place for brownie recipes and indie music reviews, consider the reasons why you should start blogging for your business:
- Engagement with clients – As your business grows, it can be easy for your clients to feel lost among the crowds. A blog eliminates that distance and gives you the chance to connect directly with your clients (while also reaching a wide range of new potential customers). When writing blog posts, always keep your audience in mind and create a tone of voice which will engage them.
- Boost your credibility – Starting a blog proves you’re the expert on a certain subject, so be sure to fill your blog with posts around your industry. When a visitor to your blog reads one of your well-written and informative posts, they instantly feel reassured about doing business with you. Make sure to consider this from the other point of view as well: poor blog content can push visitors away. Follow these simple blog tips for success.
- Improve search engine optimization (SEO) – Every blog post you write adds another page that links back to your site, and Google’s algorithm favors sites which have a range of external links. Target keywords that are relevant to your industry and create content around them. When a potential customer searches for a keyword that you’ve written a blog post about, they then have a direct path to your website.
- Connect with other blogs around the web – There is a vast community of online bloggers out there who are willing to hit the share button. Joining the community of online bloggers can increase your brand’s organic reach as other blogs share your content. Pretty soon, your company could be talked about on blogs you’ve never even heard of. This type of engagement builds inbound links to your site, improving SEO once again.
- Create compelling content for your social media platforms – You most likely already have a Twitter and Facebook set up for your business (if you don’t, you should), but it can be difficult to source engaging content to post. Keeping an updated blog gives you loads of fresh content to publish on all your social media platforms. Tweet your blog posts, with a few select hashtags, and your engagement levels will increase further. Publish them on Facebook too! But be aware that Facebook could limit your organic reach so you may need to invest in some post promotions. Ask your followers what they think to encourage interaction.
- It’s fun! – Let your voice be heard through your blog posts and have fun with it! Show your customers that your brand has personality. Writing for your blog also relieves stress that builds up from those mundane office tasks.
Blogging may seem like yet another thing to add to your already full to-do list, but it’s worth taking the time to do it. If Seth Godin, a well-known entrepreneur and marketer, can find time to blog every day, I’m sure you can too. In fact, he even claims that it’s one of the most important practices of his profession. Let blogging have the same level of importance for you and your business.
Let us know how a blog has improved your business! Comment below or send us a Tweet @Resellbiz!