Securing your reseller hosting website is not only crucial for protecting your own data, but it’s also vital for securing your customers’ personal data, too. Adding an SSL Certificate to your website is the best way to quickly secure you and your customers’ data by encrypting it as it passes between your server and their screen.
In fact, SSL Certificates are so common that many search engines will warn website visitors if a website is lacking one. In order to quickly and easily boost your search engine optimization, brand reputability, and customer data protection, follow the instructions below. In a short amount of time, you can add an SSL Certificate to your reseller hosting website and instantly see the difference.
Why install an SSL Certificate?
Quickly boost your reseller website security and brand reputation by installing an SSL Certificate. Protect your clients’ sensitive information including credit cards, passwords, and other personal data while also demonstrating that your business values security.
SSL Certificates work as a buffer between your website and those who access it. The data that passes between your website and website visitor’s screen is automatically encrypted so that it cannot be infiltrated by man-in-the-middle attacks.
How to obtain an SSL Certificate for your website.
To purchase an SSL Certificate for your reseller web hosting website, simply visit Resell.biz, choose your preferred plan, and add it to your shopping cart. Available plans range from protection from $10,000 warranty to $1,750,000 warranty, depending on your requirements. Once you have completed the checkout process, you can install your SSL Certificate by following the directions below.
Installing your SSL Certificate.
Step 1: Log into your control panel with your username and password.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Order Information” view and search for the domain you would like to add an SSL Certificate to from within the search bar
Step 3: Retrieve your SSL Certificate by clicking “View Certificate Details”. A pop-up will appear with your certificate details.
Step 4: Install your SSL Certificate depending on the webserver you plan on using. See below for the specific instructions for your exact configuration.
- If you are using cPanel, follow these instructions: https://cp.us2.net/kb/servlet/KBServlet/faq1582.html#digicert
- For Plesk configurations, see here: https://cp.us2.net/kb/answer/973
- If using Microsoft IIS 5.x & 6.x click here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/633/37/certificate-installation-microsoft-iis-5x–6x, or for Microsoft IIS 7.x, please see this article: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/639/37/certificate-installation-microsoft-iis-7x
- For Apache configurations: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/comodo/Knowledgebase/Article/View/637/37/certificate-installation-apache–mod_ssl
- If you are using NGINX, please see this knowledgebase article: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/789/37/certificate-installation-nginx
As always, for help with installing your SSL Certificate or anything else related to your Resell.biz account, be sure to contact our expert technical support team. They are available around the clock to assist you.